Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Those who have nothing to hide, have nothing

GNU BRITAIN

At last, a proper post.

Talking over the issues of crime and punishment with my South African nanny this morning, she brought up the issue of ID cards. In South Africa, it seems, ID cards are compulsory - and not only contain your ID card but also your driving licence, marriage certificate, and other critical documents. Naturally, she managed to have hers stolen one day, and had to go through the rigmarole of having every document replaced. This struck me as one of the least reasons to object to ID cards (and here's where you can object in writing).

I had a lot more to say about this, but I seem to have deleted it. Never mind, these people can fill you in.

I am not a number. I am a gnu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home