Monday, July 11, 2005

ID, not IQ

GNU LABOUR

This just in, in response to my letter to my MP (Andrew Slaughter) about ID cards:

"I am writing in response to the letter you sent to Mr. Slaughter registering your opposition to the ID cards Bill. This is an extremely contentious issue with strong arguments on both sides, but on balance, Mr Slaughter voted in favour of the bill, in large part because it formed a central part of the manifesto upon which all labour candidates stood in the recent election. As you have clearly expressed an interest in this issue, I include the Parliamentary Labour Party Briefing, which I hope may explain some of the reasons I voted in favour of the bill.

Yours sincerely,

Joe Usher
Researcher to Andrew Slaughter MP"

(Interesting that Mr Usher says that 'I' voted in favour of the bill - does no one proof-read these things? Not to mention the poor capitalisation... Pah.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home