Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I've got an ad ache

GNU BRITAIN

Everyone who works in marketing is stupid - that was something I learned while working in market research.

Everyone who works in advertising, on the other hand, is quite bright but believes that everyone else is stupid.

Hence we end up with things like this. I'm just glad I was spared a visit from Barry Scott, although I suppose there's always time. Ironically, I have conducted research for Reckitt Benckiser in the past (before I acquired a conscience) though, luckily, I was never asked to research Cillit Bang. I am forwarding Tom's experience to my former boss, however, who is presumably still helping out RB with their marketing puff.

(Via Tim at Bloggerheads.)

1 Comments:

Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

My first thought on reading your post, was of the late cult comedian Bill Hicks, revered for his diatribes against marketing and advertising "anyone here tonight in advertising" he would ask his audience, "right, go home and kill yourself, go on get out!".

12:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home