Monday, November 21, 2005

Back blogging

Greetings, my public!

I've returned from Birmingham. My father did not die, although he remains debilitated by a stroke. He may live some time yet.

I'd like to thank those of you who sent messages of goodwill - it's really appreciated.

One advantage of my stay in hospital was that it gave me plenty of time to have a good read of the papers, and boy have I seen some things worth commenting on. Future posts will be fruitful, if I can only put the time together to write them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

Greetings, Gnu. Glad to see you back.

5:56 pm  
Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

Good to know that health services in Birmingham are performing well. Good for us to face the concept that our Life can be snatched away from any of us in a second, or not. That's why we have to be kind to each other always. But Mr Gnu - reading the newspapers must reduce life expectancy - I am appalled by most of it. been appalled for decades. Queen Mother never bothered with the news - lived for yonks on cake n gin. that's the trick.

1:31 am  
Blogger Oscar Wildebeest said...

Good point. Actually, I disgracefully neglected to praise the staff at Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham, who have been almost uniformly excellent (especially Linda, the ward sister - or whatever they call them these days).

9:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home