Friday, May 05, 2006

Charity begins at home? Doesn't begin at all, by the looks of it

GNUS INTERNATIONAL

I see I have been promoted to Slimy Mollusc in the TTLB Ecosystem. Doesn't sound very nice, but it actually represents a step up from Lowly Insect.

What must be helping my position in the rankings is an increase in the number of inward links from other bloggers, including The Charity Blogger. It's worth a look at his/her site for:
Go visit - there aren't enough people talking about this sort of thing. Wonder if Charity Blogger has read my stuff about Oxfam...

Some stuff about the elections later.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Pitchford said...

Thanks for the advertorial. There's more where all that came from. I just don't have the time.

Your Oxfam entry was a touch harsh. I like Oxfam as they are the most transparent charity I have come across and they're responding to industry research (much of which, I grant you, must have taken place down the pub). As for your other anecdote: I know several international aid workers and they *all* agree that you should look for small local charities and support them. That said, I've never heard a bad word said about Oxfam, and I have about several of the other big names. But what's a confused donor to do? I'm holding out for the intelligentgiving.com crowd to give us the answers.

10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home