Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Direct action - without leaving your chair!

GNU BRITAIN

Quick! Here's your chance to do something about the government's silly and dangerous ID scheme, and you don't have to make placards or get rained on or risk arrest (probably) or do anything your mum wouldn't approve of (probably) or smash up a branch of McDonald's (but don't let me stop you) or make bombs or grow a beard or shave off your beard or shave off someone else's beard or dress up like a frightened fox or put a clothes peg on your nose or anything other than go here, and add your name to the list.

Before you protest, "hold on, you're telling me what to do, but I don't see your name on the list", well, did you think Oscar Wildebeest was my real name, you nincompoop?

While you're adding your name, look down the list and watch out for some well-known names (I mean fellow bloggers, not celebrities or MPs. As if).

OK, 3 million may be an ambitious target, but 2 million marching against the war didn't make a scrap of difference so I guess we've got to set our sights higher.

(Did I spell 'nincompoop' right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home