Thursday, June 02, 2005

It's all me, me, me

TECHNOGNU

I have been sent, as I mentioned earlier, a meme.

This is my first meme. I don't know how 'meme' should be pronounced. Does one say, "meem"? Or does one repeat the word "me" (which seems more appropriate)?

A more narcissistic activity I can't imagine; nor can I believe that anyone has the slightest interest in what I have to say. But it seems to be part of the furniture of blogging, so I will try and make my answers as enlightening and entertaining as possible.

Curious Hamster has already answered five questions, and he invites me to answer five more before passing it on to other bloggers. So, here goes. CH's answers marked in red, mine in blue:

If I could be a scientist... I'd invent cool stuff to save the planet (and grow a big beard).
If I could be a painter... I'd paint the living room. It really needs freshening up.
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a lawyer...I'd defend the McLibel Two and not demand a penny. Pro bono, as they say.
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be an innkeeper...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer... I'd have something more useful to write here.
If I could be a llama rider...I'd probably be arrested for bestiality.
If I could be a bonnie pirate...Who's Bonnie?
If I could be an astronaut...
If I could be a world famous blogger... what do you mean, if?
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world...
If I could be married to any one famous political figure...
If I could be a circus star...
If I could be a poet...I'd Make Poetry History
If I could be a musician... I'd be a drummer.
If I could be a chef...I wouldn't allow any meat in my kitchen. I wouldn't allow any of those bloody vegetarian meat substitutes, either. More on this another time.
If I could be a rodeo star...
If I could be a spin doctor... I'd be filled with doubt and self loathing.

Now I have to find some other bloggers to pass this onto. Anyone care to volunteer?

UPDATE: Kay Ballard has kindly taken up the reins, and has said a few rather nice things about me, to boot. How kind.

2 Comments:

Blogger Garry said...

Nicely done, splendid memeing. I can't decide if it's entirely narcissistic. There is an element of social interaction which I quite like.
The most successful memes are remarkable in the way they travel around the (deep breath, yes, I'm going to say it) blogosphere.

Regarding an earlier post, I think it's still acceptable to use Blogroll.
Blogosphere, definitely not though.

11:45 pm  
Blogger Oscar Wildebeest said...

Blogroll is too close to 'bogroll', a word which no self-respecting person should use after leaving school (or, at a push, after the first year of college). Good heavens, how old are we?

4:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home