Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Bang bang, you're dead, oh shit

GNU BRITAIN

Speaking of Jean Charles de Menezes, Tim at Bloggerheads has a few questions, including wondering whether people would have considered it OK if the victim had turned out to be a terrorist (even if he wasn't carrying a bomb) and this gem:

Why wasn't the public informed of the 'shoot to kill' policy?

Perhaps they thought it would be less distressing for us to find out about it this way.


This is a critical, must-read article.

Personally, I'm glad I've already stored my ICE number in my mobile (although perhaps it ought to be called an ICIGSITBOTH number - In Case I Get Shot In The Back Of The Head).

My advice to anyone of non-white appearance living in London is this: shave off your beard (if you have one), don't ever carry any luggage bigger than a small bottle of water, and stay very still if you hear someone shouting at you (even if it turns out to be a gang of youths intent on adminstering some rough justice of their own, although how you'll distinguish them from plain-clothes policemen is anyone's guess).

(UPDATE: Tim has taken my ICIGSITBOTH idea and spun it into a post of genius. Go read, go!)



Fungus the Bogeyman is, of course, copyright Raymond Briggs.


6 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

LOL @ ICIGSITBOTH

Shorten it to something snappier and you're onto a winner.

5:11 pm  
Blogger Tim said...

With your permission, kind sir:
http://www.bloggerheads.com/archives/2005/07/icigsitboth_-_i.asp

5:58 pm  
Blogger Oscar Wildebeest said...

Readers, go read Tim's article (here's a link, so you don't have to copy and paste that URL). Priceless. Tim, I doff my hat.

8:23 pm  
Blogger Garry said...

ICIGSITBOTH = Inspired. Excellent stuff. Tim's post too. I'll be sure to follow this essential advice before visiting London.

Oh , and I like the photo of Charles. Never seen him looking so good.

Here's a post I found from a comment on my blog on the same subject. It's about the new London Dresscode Regulations.

1:19 am  
Blogger Will said...

I went to London at the weekend and I really did ensure I shaved before I went...

8:51 am  
Blogger The Moai said...

Aboslutely inspired stuff. A friend of mine has considered shaving 'I LOVE TONY' into the hair on the back of his head to lessen the chances of this happening.

12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home